POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is this a bug, or am I missing something? : Re: Is this a bug, or am I missing something? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:01:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Date: 3 Apr 2002 12:28:47
Message: <tgemaugb05ng3mdc4i9801ihtlrrc4ogr3@4ax.com>
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:13:42 -0600, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote:
> I will post this in bug-reports if it turns out to be a bug, but I often
> miss obvious things when looking at my own code.

I was noticed similiar thing just yesterday and wondered what to do with that.
Looks like #local works as #declare for references (instead of value) as
parameter. For example

#macro Dec(A)
  #local A=A-1;
#end

#local C=1;
Dec(C)
#warning str(C,0,-1)

Above outputs 0 while according to my interpretation of documentation should
output 1. In fact I think documentation is unprecise - it says about namespace
but not about 'referencespace'.

ABX